Monday, June 4, 2007

Up A Road Slowly

One more down in my Newbery Challenge! I absolutely loved this book. Almost as much as I enjoyed Jacob Have I Loved. How did I miss out on so many good books as a child. I wasn't necessarily a popularity reader so I read some interesting things but I wish I could replace all the Sweet Valley High reading with titles like this. Although, I'm still hesitant to give up Baby-Sitter's Club. HA! Up a Road Slowly by Irene Hunt is the story of Julie Trelling, a seven year old, sent with her brother to live with her Aunt Cordelia after the death of her mother. From this new place in the country, Julie grows into a young woman and experiences all that goes along with it...loss, embarassment, friendship, and most importantly love. Really a must read for teen girls. Timeless!

No comments: