Who knew this blogging idea would lead me to challenge myself at such great lengths? I need more books to read like I need another hole in the head. Nevertheless, here I go with another challenge....The Newbery Challenge. Since I've read a majority of the winners from the last 15 years I chose to go further back in making my selections.
1. Jacob Have I Loved by Katherine Paterson (1981)
2. The Summer of the Swans by Betsy Byars (1971)
3. Up A Road Slowly by Irene Hunt (1967)
4. Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes (1952)
5. Roller Skates by Ruth Sawyer (1937)
6. Hitty: Her First Hundred Years by Rachel Field (1930)
Visit Nattie Writes! for further details about her magnificent challenge.